2008 – 2011: Science Application International Corporation, Regina, SK
Frontline Customer Service Support Analyst
- Provide front line customer support for Saskatchewan Health employees that are deployed over a wide area network across all regions of Saskatchewan.
- Basic and technical troubleshooting for office administration software, hardware, application accounts, systems and networks.
- Composed and quick thinking during highly critical calls while providing strong customer service with a patient, positive and friendly attitude.
- Interact effectively with clients, developers, vendors, end users to expedite and provide accommodating support.
- Accurately track and report incident requests. Taking responsibility for each individual request while observing protocol and escalation procedures.
- Multi-task numerous responsibilities in an efficient and prioritizing manner.
- Administer a dynamic and comprehensive knowledge base using clear, concise technical writing skills.
2007: Saskatchewan Department of Labour, Communications, Regina, SK
- Multitasking and prioritizing several productions, each with their own unique conflicting demands, while maintaining the quality and deadline of each job individually
- Demonstrating a technical and analytical proficiency with several different software platforms to produce accurate, informative and attractive government materials such as websites, reports, brochures, booklets and documents
- Diligently working independently in a fast paced team environment while demonstrating a scrutinous attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills that helped me to diplomatically and confidently communicate with various providers, suppliers, co-workers, clients and supervisors in a cooperative and tactful manner
- Meticulous organization and filing of paperwork and invoices while adhering to stringent administrative guidelines
- Some noteworthy projects include: The Labour Relations Board Annual Report 2006 – 2007, Ready for Work: A Guide for Committees and Representatives and maintaining information and documents on the Government of Saskatchewan: Department of Labour Website
2006 – 2007: Staples Canada, Regina, SK
- Customer service and sales representation of numerous products and services provided by Staples Canada
- Friendly, positive and professional attitude when dealing with customers and coworkers
- Attentively documenting and fulfilling customers desires for their copy and print orders quickly, efficiently and with a high standard of quality
- In store maintenance and appearance
- Daily management of currency, deposits and point of sales systems
2005 – 2006: Mission: Fun & Games/Boardgames.ca, Edmonton, AB
- Maintenance of Boardgames.ca website inventory and presentation
- Invoicing, packaging and mailing online orders to national and international destinations
- Maintenance of in-store inventory and presentation
- Maintained, ordered and restocked store inventory from multiple distributors throughout Canada and the United states
- Managed and instructed multiple staff
- Demonstrated and sold in store product
- Hosting numerous gaming events, sanctioned and non-sanctioned tournaments as well as conventions
- Detailed knowledge of numerous miniatures, collectible card games, card games, board games, puzzles and hobby supplies
- Exemplary customer service skills
2003 – 2005: SMRT Consulting, Edmonton, AB
Graphic Design, Desktop Publisher, Illustrator, Creative Writer
- Layout, design and illustration for four youth oriented education magazines: KidSafe, Community Drug Alert, Kids In Motion & Envirokids that were each printed and distributed biannually
- Design and layout of advertisements for a wide variety of companies and clientele
- Continually communicated with editors, clients and printers to reliably meet deadlines
- Composition and illustration of entertaining and educational articles, comics, games and puzzles for children, youth and teens
- General business administration: webpage design, technical support and troubleshooting, record keeping, distribution, editing documents and forms, letter and email writing, research and data entry
2002 – 2003: Triton Projects Inc, Edmonton, AB
Desktop Publisher, Technical Writer
- Edited and formatted the Triton Projects Inc. safety and equipment manual in Corel and Microsoft Word
- Wrote articles accurately describing safety procedures
- Created on-line documents that are used as standard safety and quality control forms
- Desktop publishing, technical writing, graphic design, data entry, quality control, photocopying, faxing, reception, word processing, mail merge and distribution
UNIVERSITY OF REGINA, Regina, SK
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Film & Video, 2001
LANGENBURG HIGH SCHOOL, Langenburg, SK
High School Diploma, 1995
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
Microsoft Windows 95, 98, XP, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
Corel Draw, Paint Shop Pro (Jasc), Wordperfect